Invest in Panama Limes For Up To 18% Returns

Invest in Panama Limes
Invest in Panama LimesEarn Up To 18% Per Year From This New Agro-Opportunity In Panama

July 27, 2015
Paris, France

Dear Offshore Living Letter Reader,

Agricultural investments have been a focus for me for the past half-dozen years. Unfortunately, as I’ve been reporting, it’s not easy to find agricultural projects geared toward the small investor.

However, early 2014, I began working with a group in Panama with an idea for a mango plantation investment intended specifically for the individual investor.

Their plan was to open up their plantation to small investors in an effort to grow more quickly and to achieve some economies of scale. I introduced readers to this opportunity to own their own piece of this mango farm while the development group took care of all of the work—planting, irrigation, fertilization, and eventually caring for the trees and harvesting the crop.

The response was overwhelming. The mango plantation sold out in June.

In the past few months, this same group has put together a small plantation of a different fruit tree at the behest of one of their biggest U.S. buying groups. The crop in this case is limes. Specifically, organic limes.

This developer launched this new project just 10 days ago, making 100 hectares of the new crop available for individual investors. Those 100 hectares sold out in six days. I’ve been involved with the launch of many real estate development projects, including now many different agricultural projects, and this is unprecedented. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I’ve been in discussions with the developer these past several days about how this opportunity might be expanded. More on this in a minute (bottom line, no, you haven’t missed out… yet).

What’s so special about this investment? …Continue Reading

Investing In Wine Futures For Diversification (En Primeur)

Wine For Fun And Profit
Wine For Fun And ProfitWine For Fun And Profit

July 23, 2015
Paris, France

Dear Offshore Living Letter Reader,

I spent the night in St. Emilion this week and was tempted to invest in 2014 primeurs of some of the better Bordeaux chateaux, as I’ve done in the past.

Chateaux big and small presell their wine from the previous year’s harvest. The grapes are picked in September, crushed into juice, and dumped into vats (OK, there’s more to it than that, but that’s the gist). Then, before the wine is moved from the vats to bottles, the majority of production is presold as primeurs, or wine futures.

Your preordered wine is delivered to you once it’s been bottled. Typically, Bordeaux wines spend two years in the vats, so you’d expect delivery of 2014 primeurs in 2016 or early 2017.

As I said, I was tempted to invest, but didn’t have time to go into each wine shop in St. Emilion to see what they had available. The wine is sold through brokers authorized by each chateau. Not every broker has every label available, and they can sell out of the big-name chateaux quickly.

I last purchased primeurs in 2005 and 2006. At the time, 2005 was being touted as an exceptional year. I happened to be in St. Emilion, so I bought several cases as an investment. A couple of years later, I got an email from the girl who sold me the wine asking where I wanted mine sent… and requesting payment for the VAT. You pay the product price when …Continue Reading